Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Boo's Home Experience

        I've taken Boo home a couple of times and she will be going home with me again over spring break. She is a little goofball when it comes to making the two-hour trek home. When driving back, she likes to sit in the front seat. My sister sometimes has to be in the car with us and usually when Boo sees this happening, she wants to sit up front too. Her and my sister sitting in the front seat together doesn't work too well because Boo doesn't want to sit still. When she's by herself in the front seat she does good for about an hour and a half into the drive. On that last half hour of getting home, she gets ants in her pants and tries to go from the front seat to the back seat and back to the front. This process is repeated until getting home.
        Boo knows the exact moment when we get into our driveway. She gets all excited and wags her tail. She's pretty impatient with me when I try to get out of the car because she will climb into my seat with me still in it and climb out the door. She doesn't like the thought of me getting out of the car before her. My family has been there to greet us every time that we get home so she's pretty excited about seeing them. She gets all happy and when she gets in the house she does a mad dash around our first floor scaring all the cats in her way. 
        I have six cats and Boo thinks they are her best friends while being home. She goes up the them and sniffs them whether they like it or not. Her favorite thing in the world is to stand over our one little cat and stare at her. She will almost stand completely on top of this cat and the cat usually has no idea what to do. Boo also likes to chase the cats around the house because she knows they can't do anything about it. She has gotten swatted in the face by the cats and nothing has fazed her. She still keeps going. 

        While at home we still have to go on socializations. The places we typically go are to Wal-Mart, Pet Supplies Plus, and Giant Eagle. While at these places, people stare at us more than when we are at school. It can be pretty creepy some times. They just stare, but I have to tell myself that they are staring at Boo and not at me.
        Boo loves being home because she doesn't have to do too much while being there. She can take naps all day, terrorize the cats, eat all the crumbs off the floor, and play with her toys. She has little to no responsibilities while being home. She's going to love being home for another week with me. Life is great for Boo.
 

4 comments:

  1. Boo is my absolute favorite pup! I love the story about taking her home and her getting ants in her pants the last half hour of the trip. It seems like most dogs just can never sit still at certain parts of car rides. Im glad everything is going well for Boo, she sure is a cute pup! Keep sharing pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is so cool that you do this, Allison. Keep sharing your experiences of Boo. I have always been interested what happens when you take her home. Something that might be cool is doing a GoPro video of a day in the life of a service dog in training. I think that would be so cool! Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs in cars are one of my favorite things. They are always so excited and each dog does something different, so it's interesting to hear how Boo gets 'ants in her pants'! My dog absolutely has to be staring out of the window, preferably with it open. He also loves to stand on the center console and when we brake he sometimes goes flying and we have to catch him. I think Helen's idea about a GoPro video of Boo's day would be awesome! Thanks for the Boo update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE learning about Boo's experiences. She is so adorable and I enjoy learning more about her personality and how she is doing in her training. Thank you so much for sharing and posting so many pictures too! Boo is adorable and I can't wait to hear more about her through the rest of the semester! :)

    ReplyDelete