Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Boo's Public Appearances

        As you all know, Boo comes out in public with me everywhere I go. She goes to the grocery store, restaurant, movie theaters and, everywhere else. She puts on her vest, gentle leader and, a smile to go out in public. The main part of my job as Boo's foster is to socialize her so she learns to behave in public. She sometimes really loves to go out and be around people, but other days she doesn't want to get out of bed and leave. On the days she doesn't want to leave, she'll go and pretend to hide from me. She will go and sit behind her water bowl because if there is something in the way between us, I can't make her go. She has yet to figure out that I can still reach her no matter how far into the bowl she puts her head. This past weekend was one of those times where she did not want to go out at all. Since we are home on break, she has many more places to hide though she still chooses the water bowl as a hideout.


        When we make it out in public, Boo usually does fine. She heels while we go places and she faces every scary vehicle that passes us. Her favorite place in the world to go to is the pet store. She can't have many things from there, but she still really loves it. I honestly don't know why because she gets bathes from there and she does not like those one bit. While we're out though, the one thing that does not faze her and creeps me out are the people. I don't know how many times I catch people staring at her and talking about her while we pass, but it can get sort of creepy some times. I only really get creeped out anymore when people stare and not say a word. Please ask and I will almost always say yes to let you pet her. I could literally be in a clown suit and nobody would ever know the difference. Boo doesn't care one bit about it. She doesn't care if people stare at her. She usually walks around like "yeah, I know I'm cute. What are you going to do about it?" She is so carefree and it is wonderful.


        Boo out in public is one of the best and worst things that could ever happen. She is the best when people hold the doors open for us or when the cars stop one hundred feet away from us thinking she'll get scared. The worst is, like I said before, the staring people. The benefits of having a service puppy in training definitely outweigh everything else. Boo is such a little sweetheart in public, so if you ever catch us out and about, feel free to come say hi and give her a pet. She will gladly welcome the attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment