Tuesday, April 4, 2017

My First Foster: Babs

As you all may know, I have fostered one more dog before getting Boo. Her name was Babs. I am posting about her instead of Boo this week because I really miss her and it's been a little over six months since she went back to 4Paws. Giving back a dog is one of the hardest things in the world but, what they will be doing in life makes it all okay. Babs was my first ever foster. She came to me the day before she turned four months old. She is from the Back to the Future litter and her parents are Jarka and Nome. Those names might sound familiar to you since they are also Boo's parents. Boo and Babs are full siblings. Babs is a golden lab and she was born on October 16th. She was being fostered by me and Alie Campbell.



Babs was allowed to live with me in my room as a freshmen since I lived out in 5UP. I was rooming by myself at the time and had plenty of room for a puppy to be with me. The first day of getting her was insane since I never had a dog before. It was an interesting day to say the least.
Babs was my best friend all throughout the school year and I got to keep her over the summer also. She loved my family and she loved to be around people. I always called her the sweetheart of campus since almost everyone knew who she was and they always fell in love with her after meeting her. Over the summer, Babs used to play with us outside all the time and she would take naps while inside. She was never far away from where I was at. The one time we had to leave for a week-long trip, she pouted in the clothes I was packing. She was always by my side.

It's hard to give your foster dogs up and people always ask me how I can do it. The answer is simply complicated. You know they are going to be doing amazing things for a family in need but, you've also had a bond with them that you'll never forget. I miss her everyday but, I'm sure she loves her family just as much as she loved mine. She was an amazing dog to have and I'm very thankful that I had the honors of helping raise such a wonderful and loving dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment